>I’ve done a lot of rework on the Time for Tea project in the last couple of weeks, and I’ve now got my clock design going. But never fear – I’ve still made my teapot template, so if you need another teapot, you’ll find it on the website at http://sites.google.com/site/bertcollections/templates/teapots.
The redesign has taken me a couple of weeks, some fun drawing and research, and some painstaking work to do. As I mentioned in the previous post, I decided to redesign the centre of the quilt to be a clock face. This means its gone from being a table scene like this…
..to a clock face like this…
I was getting a bit frustrated with the whole design earlier in May, and I seemed to have the best ideas when I got into bed to go to sleep at night. So I’ve now resorted to keeping my sketch book and a pencil beside my bed so I can jot down these ideas when I think of them. I’m not sure it’s the most romantic idea but it seems to work and got me over the quilter’s block. The other thing I did, which scared me a bit, was scanned a sample of each piece of fabric. This helped me refamiliarise myself with the fabrics when I realized I’d forgotten what was in my blue and white collection, and now it means I can also trial different fabrics with the templates on my computer. But, this does seem like something my mum would do, so it did scare me a bit 🙂
So, having put in several more hours of work and plenty of random thinking between other things, I’m now more comfortable to proceed with the general design and more templates. Halelujah!
I hope the quilters block stays away for a while now and I (and you) can have some more fun with it.