- accurate drawing and cutting is really important;
- my rotor cutter cuts through template plastic (which I think I knew but had forgotten);
- therefore, if I was making lots of these blocks I’d buy the perspex template kit, but I’m persevering with my homemade templates for the moment;
- you can get surprisingly good matches on somewhat random fabrics from the scrap stash.
- boy am I glad I did a test block first as there’s some tricks to getting the block right, but it’s exciting when it works.
In today’s photo collection you’ll find the style of the block, the cut pieces and my progress on piecing so far. The cutting took me a while yesterday but the piecing so far only took about half an hour but I got to the tricky sewing and decided to give it up until next time. I didn’t get quite as far today as I decided seeing it was a lovely day outside so a drive and a bit of gardening was needed – I planted some seedlings so hopefully we’ll have homegrown lettuces through winter and have oiled a new bench for the front yard. So industrious :-D.
Off to make falafel for dinner now.