I took on one of those boring jobs yesterday…checking my triangles for the next border for squareness and unpicking those I was not happy with. Here’s my work in progress. The strip I decided to unpick and the one’s in progress…
It seems like I got on a roll when I was putting these triangle sets together from the offcuts of ‘flying geese’ blocks a few weeks ago, and somewhere along the line I stopped checking the starting size of the triangles before I joined them. Turns out that not checking them was a bad idea because the ones I had trimmed to size were neat and regular, and the ones I had not trimmed were not good. That is, when they were good they were very good but when they were bad they were horrid 🙂
Normally I would find this a frustrating job to unpick and trim the pieces but I was not feeling very well so this was a suitably mindless task to do. I need to get better though so I can get back to my wild flowers quilt there is only a few weeks until I need to post it, completed, for the competition and those amazing coloured fabrics keep calling me from across the room!