While I spent much of the long weekend enjoying the sunshine outside, I did spend an afternoon on Black and White and Red All Over. I just need to finish adding the outer border then the quilt top will be done…or so I thought.
I’m sure I said to myself many times on Monday afternoon – “I should have cut these all ¼ inch smaller and then it would be easy to keep them the same size”. I’m sure I unpicked some of those seams three times. Ah well. That’s what seems to happen when using leftover triangles from the inner flying geese (big white triangle with a red triangle on either side) sections as an after thought.
The upside is I’m pleased with how the quilt is looking and hope to have it finished in time for the Yass Quick Quilters exhibition in November – more stitching and less mowing needed ☺. I wonder what the best way to bind/edge this quilt is…I still want to get machine stitched binding neat on the back…hmmm.
Have a great week.