I wanted to pin the layers of BAWARAO together today. So off i went and I taped the backing to the floor, put the batting on top and then tried to align to quilt top so the join in the back would be in the centre. That was fine until I discovered that the backing only left 1/2 an inch extra around the width of the quilt. Hmmmmm. Tempting to keep going but I am pretty sure that will become a problem later especially as I will probably do plenty of quilting after following Judy’s inspiring suggestion on an earlier post.
After a bit of wishful thinking I decided to add another piece to the backing. Soooo, off came all the layers and the tape temporarily redecorated my window. Needless to say while the rework is mildly annoying I am proud of myself for deciding to do it right and very glad that I checked twice and cut/sewed once.