So far – I have to thank J from YQQ as well as: C and R who’ve both sent swaps in the last few weeks. So far I gather the scraps have travelled to Queensland, Papua New Guinea and Oregon. Next challenge is to get across the Indian Ocean 🙂
I’m so chuffed with my experiment with scrap swapping that I’ve decided to swap some more. I have some scraps from BAWARAO (which is sitting quietly on the spare bed waiting to be quilted while I finish Purposefully Pink).
To keep it manageable and fun, here’s the rules of the scrap swapping game:
1) If you’d like to swap, then let me know with a comment on this post and I”ll get in touch with you by email.
2) What to swap? A standard business envelope (DL – 110 x 220mm or 4 ¼ x 8 ½” or similar) of:
- 100% cotton fabric scraps,
- at least 2 ¼” wide (this size is easy and cheap enough to send in the post pretty much anywhere).
- Full full but not overfull – this weighs less than 125 grams and is about 5mm thick so can be posted in Australia with a standard postage stamp (60cents) and overseas for a bit more.
Let’s get a-swapping.
PS: Remember to keep an eye out for future posts marked SS for scrap swap – there’ll be more coming…