Last month the beautiful hexagon quilt-for-others quilt was returned for binding. Today I’ve put the binding on the fun quilt in the photo and now all it needs is the label sewn on before it goes off to another community quilt project.
There was a bit of a happy accident when I cut the binding strip too narrow – I used my bias binding gadget to make it 1″ wide binding and sewed it on all by machine. I am very happy with the results. I have tried several different ways to finish binding by machine. This 1″ single binding way is easy and finished well as long as you stop with the needle down right in the corner join before turning to the next side. What could have been a drama has worked out well – a nice ending for a Sunday afternoon of stitching.
PS: Thanks to Jo for the table leg extenders – they are great for the cutting table and make it so much more comfy to use. 👍